SNF Solutions offers a wide range of SNF consulting services to help make your SNF more profitable. Use us as your go-to resource for billing and collections questions, to provide training, SNF consulting, and review your operations.
Bring SNF Solutions in when you need:
- Training packages tailored to meet your specific needs.
- Training on all payer types.
- Learn best practices and effective processes.
- Denial Management training.
- A cost effective way to provide phone support for your billing staff.
- Get answers to questions and help with problem claims.
- Popular with facilities with little or no regional or corporate support.
- Get an accurate snapshot of your billing and collections practices.
- Helpful in preparing for and dealing with ownership or management changes and other major changes
- Get a clear picture of your outstanding balances.
- Determine the probability for collecting outstanding balances and what should be written off.
- Get assistance in finding qualified applicants for your vacant positions.
- Initial screening of your candidates.
Training packages are tailored to meet your specific needs. The training is provided on-site or remotely in both internet and phone based formats.
Train your existing staff and new hires on proper and effective billing practices for all payer types. This includes Medicare Part A and B, Managed Care, Coinsurance and Commercial claims. The training will include the best ways to deal with representatives from each payer, submitting claims, follow up and troubleshooting.
Denial Management, the art of responding to denials and knowing what to do to get them paid is also covered.
The Help Desk is a very useful service for single and multiple facilities of all sizes. This a cost effective way to provide helpful phone support for your billing staff. Retain SNF Solutions to answer your staff’s billing questions, help with problem claims and take advantage of trainable moments. This is a very popular service with facilities who have little or no regional or corporate support.
Case In Point:
We are currently serving as the help desk support for a client with 23 CCRCs. We are providing training and support for the locations that have SNFs as they bring their billing back in-house after having been centralized under the previous owner for several years.
Reviewing your business office to help you streamline the work flow, operations, systems and procedures can be very valuable. Get a clear snapshot of the current state of both your billing and collections functions. Learn what your staff thinks of their positions and how they really do the work. Reviews are as narrowly focused or all-encompassing as you wish.
A review is most often requested:
- When ownership or management changes
- As a reaction to audit results
- When management isn’t quite sure of their staff or numbers
- When management wants to know how their results compare with other facilities
- When there is excessive staff turnover
- Prior to major changes such as migrating to a new software package or redesigning the policies and procedures.
Information is typically gathered through interviews with your billing staff, management and the related departments such as Admissions, MDS and Nursing. This is combined with observations of the processes and practices in place and spot reviews of claims and documentation to give you the accurate picture you need of how things are being done.
Case In Point:
The CEO of several facilities wanted to know if his suspicions about the state of the business office at one of his facilities were correct. He hired us to perform a review of the business office with an emphasis on the accounts receivable. The Business Office Manager put in her notice upon learning that someone was coming in to look things over. We immediately took over the billing while they filled the position. We then trained the new hire who was able to start with a clean desk and a clean aging.
Have your Aging Report analyzed to give you a better idea of just what you really have outstanding. Your detailed Aging Report is examined for trends and red flags, as well as the probability for collecting the balances. Many facilities request this service as one of the first steps in determining what other services they may need from us.
Utilizing our contacts both within the industry and with recruiters we can assist in finding qualified applicants for your vacant positions. We can also do the initial screening of candidates for you.
Interim staffing is available on a case by case basis.
5 ways to increase your revenue without adding a single resident
Chances are that you’re leaving revenue on the table. This quick resource guide will help ensure that your office is getting the most from your existing business so you can maximize your revenue without adding a single resident.